The Apple II Slots Board brings to the Nanoboard all the hardware expansion cards available to the Apple II, IIe, III and IIgs computer systems. By adding the Slots Board to your development environment, previous hardware cards for vintage Apple systems can be integrated into the soft Apple project. This gives the designer the opportunity to develop, emulate, duplicate and compare vintage hardware with new FPGA based replacement hardware. It also allows custom and hard to replace hardware to be included and used in a soft Apple setup, just like in the real Apple.
During the Apple II era, a plethora of co-processor cards, video, accelerators, memory, printer, communications, audio and custom interface cards were made. These cards can now all be directly and easily interfaced to the Nanoboard via the Slots Board. This creates an ideal environment for developing and researching any Apple II-based system including the II and IIgs, or building that ultimate soft Apple system with full backwards compatibility.
The Apple II Slots Board adaptor features:
- Single peripheral board providing six Apple II or III slots
- All power supplies provided on the card
- Additional power jack for power demanding applications
- 5V to 3.3V level translators provided for on-board
- Power Status LED indicators
- Slots can be duplicated, switched or remapped into any order
- Unique ID option for identifing which slot board is installed.
The Nanoboard II Apple II Expansion slot peripheral board has been completed and is available now for download. Click on the above links for Schematics and PCB source documents. This design has been created using Altium Designer Summer 08.
Bring your real Apple II cards into the Nanoboard II development domain